Tuesday, June 9, 2015

#Micropoetry Neu-Veaux

Like a surprise, happy ending to a long, sad movie, life delights me now. 

In my dream

he wore a short-sleeved shirt
to be Sergio for me;
he wore a long-sleeved shirt
to be Saul for his wife.


I caught a glimpse

of myself, Sergio said.
How I treated you. I was the rusty old plane on the tarmac.   
Instead of boarding the flight to Havana,
I went home to my parents instead.

That’s how you keep me, my dear
I mistake pity for love


Pirates of old 

aren't the only ones who hoard gold.
Now financial advisors store off-shore
Wall Street loot in vacant island homes
where squatters sleep in the beds
and leave black stains in bathrooms
where the water has been turned off for months.

Record markets

Banksters playing
the money spin game 
in one last mad dash 
for their private stash of cash

before the next crash

No comments:

Post a Comment