Friday, January 29, 2010

DYING LIGHT

by Sydney Solis

I am dying
Make no mistake
The change in voice
The deepening of shadows
Speak, silent voice. For now I weep and attend to you
You stroke the top of the head
Wet, puffy eyes looking up
Attention
on the deep where whales moan around
navels and this is where the world beings
In the misty play of my picture to see ahead
Play, creator
Play me while I'm fresh
No longer
Goodbye temptress, you wild daughter you, you enjoyed and I am glad
Now bring your body back to me
So that we can paint the sky and water the canals
Roll in the hay and grow roses at night
Oh, poet of body
of pleasure, of pain
How do I part you?
The urgency of time
The wall begins to dim
The clock now lost, the game is near end
Until my final exhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment